SOB 14

We all know you've got somethin' to say. So drop it in here and see what folks think!

Moderator: Bfix Staff Members

User avatar
Mherriford
BFix Built
BFix Built
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Oregon City

SOB 14

Post by Mherriford » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Did anybody else notice that Sandlake campground is going to be closed for paving from june 25th to august 26th?


Alerts and Important Information
No reservations taken for the days between June 25 and August 26, 2010 due to closure for repaving the Sandbeach Campground. All other campgrounds available as first-come, first-serve only.
Saving campsites is not allowed.
All three campgrounds are open year-around.
Extra vehicle fees ($8.00 per vehicle) collected at campground.

Going to make it real hard to be down there for the entire week
Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:15 pm

Hmm that's gonna take some thinking.
Assuming the Horde is going to plan SOB for the weekend before Labor Day.
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

User avatar
Mherriford
BFix Built
BFix Built
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:18 pm
Location: Oregon City

Post by Mherriford » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Isn't it usually the weekend before labor day weekend?


I think it is a conspiracy :guns:
Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:19 am

That's the usual weekend.
I was just pointing out the Gurus have made no mention of SOB yet.
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

hoppy
BFix Built
BFix Built
Posts: 154
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:38 am

Post by hoppy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:39 am

looks like the beach house might be a good option this year
I've done the cape look out thing. If I'm going to have to drive to the sand I'd rather kick it at a beach house.
same dude as bent bronco
the bronco is improved

User avatar
Brandon
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 2197
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:39 am
Location: USA, Australia, Bahamas, Mexico, New Zealand, & Sandy Oregon

Post by Brandon » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:16 pm

Calm down mates :lol: let's see what Thom or Mike have going on. They could easily plan a completly different day or even month 8O won't that mess with peoples menstral cycle ;) and if by any chance it is cancelled all together I am sure us Hazard Boys can throw something together like we do every month 8)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:29 pm

Dude -You read my mind :lol:
stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

User avatar
dragdaddy
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:35 am
Location: Gladstone, Oregon

Post by dragdaddy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 am

Cooooooooooooos Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Regards,
Todd

User avatar
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:29 pm
Location: Scappoose, Oregon

Post by Tom Dummer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:30 pm

I have no problem draggin the Hamms Wagon out to the treeline if need be.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:26 am

If you need some help with that Tom there won't be any shortage of volunteers.
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

oldwinghunter
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by oldwinghunter » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 pm

Stan wrote:If you need some help with that Tom there won't be any shortage of volunteers.
Stan
volunteers for what? watching tom with a shovel trying to dig out that dodge pick up ,as the hamms wagon pulls its ass end into chinese territory??


i would love to see that!!
most people are absent,,, my merciful nature, and sense of fair play !

User avatar
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:29 pm
Location: Scappoose, Oregon

Post by Tom Dummer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:45 pm

I've already yarded that thing over a half mile out into the dunes at Florence.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

User avatar
Brandon
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 2197
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:39 am
Location: USA, Australia, Bahamas, Mexico, New Zealand, & Sandy Oregon

Post by Brandon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:06 pm

Tom Dummer wrote:I've already yarded that thing over a half mile out into the dunes at Florence.
Was that after cracked block #1 or #2 or was it before the blown transfercase ? Just wondering 8)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

User avatar
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:29 pm
Location: Scappoose, Oregon

Post by Tom Dummer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:41 pm

PRE all grenadings. :2up:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

User avatar
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 2936
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:34 pm
Location: Chico California

Post by Formerjughead » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:04 pm

Brandon wrote:
Tom Dummer wrote:I've already yarded that thing over a half mile out into the dunes at Florence.
Was that after cracked block #1 or #2 or was it before the blown transfercase ? Just wondering 8)
You forgot episodes 1&2 of "Where's 5th Gear"
"Life sucks, wear a helmet"
Remember: While resorting to violence is never the answer, starting off with violence almost always is.

oldwinghunter
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Post by oldwinghunter » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 am

ha,ha,ha,... that is quite a history tom .... ha,ha,..... but you did make it though ! i guess that is the prize for all of the torture huh ?
most people are absent,,, my merciful nature, and sense of fair play !

User avatar
LOW KEY
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Troy Idaho

Post by LOW KEY » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:58 pm

Tree line or Coos Bay. I am still in no matter what.
By the way did you know that the largest dunes in the United States are in IDAHO!!! :thumbup:
PROUD MEMBER OF P.E.T.A.
PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

IF GOD DID NOT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT

GOD MADE ROOM ON EARTH FOR ALL HIS CREATURES.....RITE NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOS

VEGETABLES ARE NOT FOOD.....VEGETABLES ARE WHAT FOOD EAT'S!!!!

User avatar
STARKYPDX
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:37 pm
Location: Secret lab in Oregon

Post by STARKYPDX » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:08 pm

LOW KEY wrote:By the way did you know that the largest dunes in the United States are in IDAHO!!! :thumbup:
The hell you say! I google earthed idaho and didn't see them...
Broncohazard Godfather
'77 351w 5.5", 33" BFG MT, 4:11's & Locked

User avatar
LOW KEY
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Troy Idaho

Post by LOW KEY » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:19 pm

STARKYPDX wrote:
LOW KEY wrote:By the way did you know that the largest dunes in the United States are in IDAHO!!! :thumbup:
The hell you say! I google earthed idaho and didn't see them...
They are called Saint Anthony dunes. Here is the link http://www.blm.gov/id/st/en/fo/upper_sn ... Dunes.html
PROUD MEMBER OF P.E.T.A.
PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

IF GOD DID NOT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT

GOD MADE ROOM ON EARTH FOR ALL HIS CREATURES.....RITE NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOS

VEGETABLES ARE NOT FOOD.....VEGETABLES ARE WHAT FOOD EAT'S!!!!

User avatar
STARKYPDX
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:37 pm
Location: Secret lab in Oregon

Post by STARKYPDX » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 pm

a paultry 10,000 acres.... (yawn)
Broncohazard Godfather
'77 351w 5.5", 33" BFG MT, 4:11's & Locked

User avatar
LOW KEY
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Troy Idaho

Post by LOW KEY » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:24 pm

They filmed part of the ultimate adventure there a couple years ago. It was the year they had the FJ Cruiser
PROUD MEMBER OF P.E.T.A.
PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

IF GOD DID NOT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT

GOD MADE ROOM ON EARTH FOR ALL HIS CREATURES.....RITE NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOS

VEGETABLES ARE NOT FOOD.....VEGETABLES ARE WHAT FOOD EAT'S!!!!

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:31 pm

How close is that to Oregon?
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

User avatar
LOW KEY
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Troy Idaho

Post by LOW KEY » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Stan wrote:How close is that to Oregon?
Stan
Not realy sure. I live in Idaho and it would take me about 11 or 12 hours to drive there I am told . I have not been there myself.
PROUD MEMBER OF P.E.T.A.
PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

IF GOD DID NOT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT

GOD MADE ROOM ON EARTH FOR ALL HIS CREATURES.....RITE NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOS

VEGETABLES ARE NOT FOOD.....VEGETABLES ARE WHAT FOOD EAT'S!!!!

User avatar
LOW KEY
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Troy Idaho

Post by LOW KEY » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 pm

When I checked map quest it said it would take just under 9 hours (580 miles) for me to get there and just under 11.5 hours from Portland Oregon (745 miles).
PROUD MEMBER OF P.E.T.A.
PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

IF GOD DID NOT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT

GOD MADE ROOM ON EARTH FOR ALL HIS CREATURES.....RITE NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOS

VEGETABLES ARE NOT FOOD.....VEGETABLES ARE WHAT FOOD EAT'S!!!!

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:03 pm

I'll have to look it up. Must be in the SE corner of
the state.
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

User avatar
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:29 pm
Location: Scappoose, Oregon

Post by Tom Dummer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:59 pm

LOW KEY wrote:When I checked map quest it said it would take just under 9 hours (580 miles) for me to get there and just under 11.5 hours from Portland Oregon (745 miles).
Your rig must be stuck in low range. I can't believe it could take 11 hours to get across ANY part of Idaho.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

User avatar
TCheney
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:48 pm
Contact:

Post by TCheney » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:04 pm

I've been to the St. Anthony dunes. I have relatives who live in St. Anthony. 11-12 hours is about right coming from Portland.

User avatar
Formerjughead
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 2936
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:34 pm
Location: Chico California

Post by Formerjughead » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 pm

12 hours from here.

What about Pismo Dunes?
"Life sucks, wear a helmet"
Remember: While resorting to violence is never the answer, starting off with violence almost always is.

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:15 am

Wow that is a little bit of a jaunt from here.
It's close enough to Yellowstone to include that into the trip.
Why do these Bronco things always snowball? :lol:
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

User avatar
LOW KEY
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Troy Idaho

Post by LOW KEY » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Stan wrote:Wow that is a little bit of a jaunt from here.
It's close enough to Yellowstone to include that into the trip.
Why do these Bronco things always snowball? :lol:
Stan
It takes me 10 plus hour's to drive to SOB from my house if I tow. 9 plus if I drive my Bronco.
We were disussing the idea of hitting Yellowstone at work today. Funny that you would bring that up. I looked close enough that you could stay camped at St. Anthony and drive to Yellowstone for the day
PROUD MEMBER OF P.E.T.A.
PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

IF GOD DID NOT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT

GOD MADE ROOM ON EARTH FOR ALL HIS CREATURES.....RITE NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOS

VEGETABLES ARE NOT FOOD.....VEGETABLES ARE WHAT FOOD EAT'S!!!!

User avatar
TCheney
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2002 4:48 pm
Contact:

Post by TCheney » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Lots of cool stuff to do there. Yellowstone, Tetons, Mesa Falls, Arco Desert. If the winter didn't suck so badly, I'd think about living there. That, and I don't want to be a sheep farmer.

User avatar
LOW KEY
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 544
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Troy Idaho

Post by LOW KEY » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:53 pm

TCheney wrote:That, and I don't want to be a sheep farmer.
I am sure they would let you raise goats there ;)
PROUD MEMBER OF P.E.T.A.
PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS

IF GOD DID NOT WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS THEN WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT

GOD MADE ROOM ON EARTH FOR ALL HIS CREATURES.....RITE NEXT TO THE MASHED POTATOS

VEGETABLES ARE NOT FOOD.....VEGETABLES ARE WHAT FOOD EAT'S!!!!

User avatar
Stan
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm
Location: Boring Or

Post by Stan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:57 am

:lol: Hmm-- the goat does ride shotgun.
Just " rolling this around" - ther's talk of a backroad touring trip
summer to the Eastern part of the state- Oregon. That would put a guy pretty close to the beautiful state of Idaho. Hmm - instead of turn right and going home a guy could turn right and go to Yellowstone. St Anthonys would be " on the way". Let's see ; add another 700 miles to the trip and 4-5 days. Again ; just rolling it around.
Stan
When you come to a fork in the road - take it
Homer - " Facts are meaningless . You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true."

RedLeg0811
Bfix Carb'd
Bfix Carb'd
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:14 pm
Location: Maltby,WA

Post by RedLeg0811 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:49 am

Any further news on what might happen with the 2010 SOB?
1970 Sport 351W

Common Sense is Not a Common Virtue!

User avatar
Rumble Frog
BFix Built
BFix Built
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Contact:

Meet halfway

Post by Rumble Frog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:02 pm

How about meeting halfway:

Name: Christmas Valley Dunes
Location:
Southern Oregon, Southeast of Bend

Description:
Christmas Valley contains 11,000 acres of sand dunes available to off-highway vehicle use. The area "open" to vehicles is surrounded by several sensitive areas with more restrictive vehicle designations. The Fossil Lake area is closed to vehicles (and is fenced off), and in the Lost Forest vehicles are restricted to roads which are posted open. Although the bare dunes are open to vehicles, since they are within a Wilderness Study Area, vehicles are required to stay on trails that are posted open until they reach the bare dunes.

The area is bordered by and includes private land. Please respect their property, or you will find yourself fenced out.

Wilderness Study Area - In 1981, 16,440 acres were designated as the Sand Dunes WSA. Although BLM later determined in 1991 that the area was not suitable for Wilderness, the area must be protected until Congress makes the final decision.
The dunes are composed largely of ash and pumice which blew into the area over 7,000 years ago when Mt. Mazama erupted forming Crater Lake. During dry times of the year, it can get quite dusty.

Elevation - 4290 ft.

User avatar
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:29 pm
Location: Scappoose, Oregon

Post by Tom Dummer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:48 pm

There are no facilities there. We'd have to bring in all our own and some folk are more partial to having an actual roof over their heads at night and there are NO motels in the area.
It would be fun though.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

User avatar
Arsenio
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 539
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2002 11:49 pm
Location: St Helens Or

Post by Arsenio » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:46 pm

Stan wrote::lol: Hmm-- the goat does ride shotgun.
Just " rolling this around" - ther's talk of a backroad touring trip
summer to the Eastern part of the state- Oregon. That would put a guy pretty close to the beautiful state of Idaho. Hmm - instead of turn right and going home a guy could turn right and go to Yellowstone. St Anthonys would be " on the way". Let's see ; add another 700 miles to the trip and 4-5 days. Again ; just rolling it around.
Stan

you got this figured out yet? I can't do 2 weeks.

User avatar
Tom Dummer
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 3697
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2002 10:29 pm
Location: Scappoose, Oregon

Post by Tom Dummer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Sand Lake
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When something goes wrong and I'm smiling, It's because I already have someone to blame.

User avatar
STARKYPDX
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded
Posts: 800
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:37 pm
Location: Secret lab in Oregon

Post by STARKYPDX » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Stan- I'm with Arsenio. Can't do two weeks but I think you should start a new thread dedicated to your work in progress.
Broncohazard Godfather
'77 351w 5.5", 33" BFG MT, 4:11's & Locked

User avatar
Rumble Frog
BFix Built
BFix Built
Posts: 248
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:46 am
Location: Milwaukie, Oregon
Contact:

Post by Rumble Frog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Actually there are two motels at Christmas Lake : ).

Post Reply