Bronco Fix    
Bronco Fix    

Bronco Graveyard   Wild Horses   Tom's Bronco Parts     

Home   Forum   Gallery   Mailing List   User Albums   eBay   Tech   Glove Box   For Sale
Tire sizes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Steering, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Khouse
BFix Starter
BFix Starter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Tire sizes Reply with quote

Got a 77 uncut with about a 2" lift on it. I have 235 75 15 on it now but would like to upgrade to a little bigger tire. Thinking of getting 16" wheels for more size options. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
DirtDonk
BFix Locked and Loaded
BFix Locked and Loaded

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there. Seems to me that the 235 or 245 sizes were discussed as being the largest easily fitted to an un-cut Bronco. But I'm not going by personal experience. Just what I remember hearing.
Although, I think I also remember hearing that 31x10.50x15's would work as well. And if that's the case, then I don't see why a 255 wouldn't fit too. Which opens up even more opportunities in the 16" sizes.
I'm running 255x85x16's on my pickup and a friend ran them on his '77 (fully cut though) and they were a great size. Roughly 35x10.5-ish. I can measure them for exact size if needed at some point.
Thinking about it more now, that last size is probably just a bit too large for a 2" uncut Bronco. Seems to me that even though they were tucked in nicely on my buddy's '77, they filled those cut rear wheel wells pretty fully. So either more lift, and/or more positive offset to the wheels would be in order.
If there's a 245/75/16, maybe that would put you in the right range. But wait to see what the others say.

Good luck.

Paul

Kayline soft top
Hanson bumpers
Dual batteries, Large 1G alt.

WWW.WILDHORSES4X4.COM Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bronco Fix Forum Index :: Steering, Brakes, Wheels and Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: